Re: Dell's w/o OS - where?

On Sat February 3 2007, Jamie Bohr wrote:
> The Super Micro's we bought three years ago are dieing right and left.  We
> are now buying Dell and quite happy.  Dell system we bought 5 years ago are
> still running.
>
> My person opinion though.

Well, I guess we're going to find out. We're an all Dell shop, and I'm
hardware manager here. I've got plenty of dead Dells. I heard about
SuperMicro over on the DPSedits list which is a video professional's list for
users of the DPS Reality/Velocity editing system. People have been using them
for years and I haven't heard any complaints, only praise. Video editing is a
pretty intensive environment for stress testing, so that's why I chose it.
Thanks for the input.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA