Re: The Case of the Missing Characters

Around 07:38pm on Thursday, February 01, 2007 (UK time), kwhiskerz kwhiskerz scrawled:

> kwhiskerz{> Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 19:21:31 +0000> From: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: The Case of the Missing Characters> > Around 07:53pm on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 (UK time), kwhiskerz kwhiskerz scrawled:> > > In the last 2-3 weeks, I have had the following happen on at least 2 occasions. Someone also mentioned it on fedoraforum.org, so this is not unique to my keyboard.I have noticed that when I am typing, the letters v,b,f,g,r,t,4,5 do not always type, making it very difficult to write emails and enter commands. The curious thing, as I just ascertained a moment ago, is that the missing characters all line up diagonally on the keyboard.I am using the pc105 character german keyboard setting with all dead keys, like it is supposed to be, and have the system set to use utf-8, which is the default. I have also enabled the xkbd compose key option, although I don't really need it, having an international keyboard with dead keys, on the useless key to the left of the right ctrl key.Could there be some problem with keysim mappings or something? I thought that, since the keys all line up, that there could be a problem with the keyboard, but as I had said, it has only happened twice in the last 3 weeks and someone else reported the problem on fedoraforum about 2 weeks ago.kwhiskerz{> > Kwhiskerz,> > I have noticed that all your posts to this list appear to me (in mutt),> as one long paragraph, very difficult to read.  I don't know if it is> becuase you are using hotmail, perhaps with it sending html email.> > You may get more responses if you change it so they are more readable.> > Steve> > -- > > A:  Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.> Q:  Why is top-posting a bad thing?> >  19:07:39 up 166 days, 21:34,  2 users,  load average: 0.09, 0.06, 0.00Youmeanlikethisinstead of complete sentences and paragraphs?

No - as you can see from the above even your separating of each word
onto a different line is getting wrapped together, although when I look
at the html attachment I see them separately.

Is anyone else seeing these mangled, or is it just me?

Steve