Re: The Case of the Missing Characters, revisited

From: "kwhiskerz kwhiskerz" <kwhiskerz@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I have noticed that when I am typing, the letters v,b,f,g,r,t,4,5 do
not always type, making it very difficult to write emails and enter
commands.The curious thing, as I just ascertained a moment ago, is
that the missing characters all line up diagonally on the keyboard.I
am using the pc105 character german keyboard setting with all dead
keys, and have the system set to use utf-8,
which is the default.I have also enabled the xkbd compose key option
on the useless key to the left of the right ctrl key.This has only occurred 2 or 3 times in the last 2 weeks.Could
there be some problem with keysim mappings or something?I thought
that, since the keys all line up, that there could be a problem with
the keyboard, but someone else reported the problem on fedoraforum about 2
weeks ago.kwhiskerz{

Have you tried an alternate keyboard? That sounds like one of the keyboard
decode lines is broken.

{^_^}