Re: Preparing FC6 on ASUS A8N-VM CSM with nVidia chipset

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 09:58:02 +0100, M. Fioretti wrote
> On Sat, Jan 13, 2007 15:51:09 PM +0900, javajunkie
> (javajunkie@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>
> > > The ethernet driver is what "worries" me the most, since if that
> > > doesn't work immediately I wouldn't be able to download anything
> > > else.
> >
> > HI,
> >
> > Have you checked the asus forums?
>
> Not this time (yet), because I had already done it in the past for
> other issues and frankly found them useless in my case.
>
> I have had better luck with nVidia forums, in the past, but since
> this is not a generic "can it work with Linux" question, as I want
> to know specifically if and how _FC6_ must be configured for that
> chipset, I thought I'd ask here first, and go to the forum only if
> there still is some open issue (*).
>
> Ciao,
> 	Marco
>
> (*) also because following a discussion in a web forum is much, more
> slower, tedious and generally inefficient than through a mailing
> list. For me, at least. I tend to use web forums only when I'm sure
> there is no other alternative.
>
> --
> The right way to make everybody love Free Standards and Free
> Software: http://digifreedom.net/node/73

You shouldn't have any trouble installing FC6 on that board. All the chipset
stuff should install out of the box.(I checked it's specs). I run an ASUS
Crosshair board (SKT AM2) with a later chipset. And have FC5 installed on it
without any trouble at all.. The Network chipset is also Nvidia, and it
installs the "forcedeth.c: Reverse Engineered nForce ethernet driver. Version
0.56." drivers. Even from the original ISO's. The only thing that I'd suggest
is to make sure you have the latest BIOS for it and your set..

Wolf