Re: Network install of FC6, using CD1 of FC5. OK?

Tim wrote:
On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 18:13 -0800, Rob wrote:

I have no CD burner available, but I do have the old
installation CDs of FC5. So this is what I'd like to
do:

I use the 'askmethod' installation, to install via
the network over http. For this I use the FC5 first
CD, but give the http-link to the FC6 directory.
I have never succeed in having this work with previous fc's, that is anaconda says I aint gonna do that!

You'd want to download at least one of the ISOs used to install (you
could do the smaller rescue disc, or pick one of the image files from
the OS tree)
particularly the vmlinuz and initrd in ~/images/pxeboot
, copy that to a local hard drive
/boot
partition, and play around
with a GRUB entry to boot from the image.
title fc6 net boot
  kernel /vmlinuz
  initrd /initrd

That would let you start a network installation.

You could also use memdisk and one of the img files to start a network boot.
title fc6 net boot
  kernel /memdisk
  initrd /whatever.img

I see you got it going anyhow.