Re: Can't burn CDs

Norm wrote:
My HL-DT-ST CD RW GCE-8240B drive will not write to a disk. The box is a dual boot and when it is in its windoze configuration the drive does write correctly. FC6 can read data on a disk in the drive but it refuses to read a blank disk I have tried using both K3b and x-CD-Roast with similar results, Does Linux have a hardware issue with this drive, the only other thought I have is my cd drive is a slave on the same controller that my DVD drive is a master on and possibly switching them may be the answer. Before I make the switch I would like to confirm that the problem is not a Linux compatibility issue.

Norm,

I've got that same drive in a Dell as a slave on the secondary controller and have not had a problem. There is a DVD as the master in my system also. I'm Running FC6. You might check to see if there is any new firmware for the drive.

Bob...