Re: DVD problem

> I've not come across this problem before.  Most of my DVDs play correctly.  Is
> this an additional drm layer or similar?

I do not know why you are having problems with xine.

But you have to fix libavcodec, which is part of ffmpeg.

ffmpeg contains all of the codecs: DivX3,4,5, xvid, aac, a52, etc...
In windows, it is known by ffdshow. It is the heart of mplayer.
ffmpeg can be downloaded from freshrpms (FC6):

http://zod.freshrpms.net/rpm.html?id=801

or, if you are not using FC6, then I suggest you to get ffmpeg from ATrpms:

http://atrpms.net/name/ffmpeg/

If you want just to play dvds, the best program is vlc, also available in freshrpms.
It has a better control of dvd menus.

http://www.videolan.org/

/Paulo Roma.