Re: Cups error - "An error occurred while retrieving the printer list. ": why ?

On Sunday 31 December 2006 16:43, Mark Ryden wrote:
>  Anne,
> Thnks.
>
> >  You say you can get the cups page at
> > localhost:631.  Does that find your printer(s)?  How and where are they
> > connected?
>
> It does not find any printer since I did not yet add printers;
> this is a new computer with a fresh install.However, I do prefer
> adding by kprinter thab by cups; and I did it more than once
> on other computers in the past. And the printer attached is
> not a local printer , but a printer attached to the local network
> which has an IP of itself.

OK.  I installed a networked printer with its own IP yesterday, doing it from
the CUPS interface, and had no problems.  Although I use kprinter a lot, I've
never used it to install a printer.

Are you sure that the original error was not just saying that the printer list
doesn't yet exist?

Anne