Re: Cups error - "An error occurred while retrieving the printer list. ": why ?

Anne,
Thnks.

 You say you can get the cups page at
localhost:631.  Does that find your printer(s)?  How and where are they
connected?

It does not find any printer since I did not yet add printers;
this is a new computer with a fresh install.However, I do prefer
adding by kprinter thab by cups; and I did it more than once
on other computers in the past. And the printer attached is
not a local printer , but a printer attached to the local network
which has an IP of itself.

Regards,
Mark

On 12/31/06, Anne Wilson <cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sunday 31 December 2006 13:33, Mark Ryden wrote:
> Anne,
>
> >Ha
>
> ve you tried restarting CUPS?
>
> >service cups restart (in a root terminal)
>
> Yes. It did not change anything ; I got the same error;
> (It is mentioned in my message)

Anne