Re: KVM and Xen

On 12/30/06, Mike Chalmers <mikechalmers70@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12/30/06, Dave Sampson <samper.d@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> KVM
>
> A switck between computers but able to use one (K)eyboard (V)ideo and
> (M)ouse
>
> For my setup between 4 computers I have one PS2 keyboard, one usb mouse
> with ps2 adapter... and one monitor with SVGA
>
> they all plu into a BOX... then when I double tap SCROLL LOCK followed
> by numbers 1 through 4 I can switch between computers.  For $20 I use a
> generic brand that came with all the necessary cables and powers off os
> ps2 ports. there is also a mnaul botton that I can use if keyboard freezes.
>
> Linux gets a little fritzy sometimes when I do a lot of switching and
> moving around. the fix is a simple re-plug of keyboard usualy or mouse
> if its realy bad.
>
> This is a good setup if you are experimenting with several boxes or
> fixing computers or just a geek.
>

> if you are networking there is a network version you can use put out by
> the people at realVNC.
>
> Does that answer your question.
>

> Mike Chalmers wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone new about these and would explain them to
> > me? Thanks.
> >

> --

You see I need to be able to run Windows so I could use certain pieces
of software. That sounds very easy just being able to press scroll
lock and then change to another OS, I think that is what you are
saying?

Could I run Windows while using Linux using KVM or should I use Xen?
Which is faster? Is there a way to install either using yum? How do
they work?
Hi,
According to the answer from Dave, you may use KVM if you have two
PCs, one with linux and the other with windows. But if you have only
one PC, you will to go to XEN or VMWARE or QEMU, I have used the last
two, and like VMWARE more, I have never tried XEN.

regards,

Guillermo.