Re: KVM and Xen

On 12/30/06, Dave Sampson <samper.d@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
KVM

A switck between computers but able to use one (K)eyboard (V)ideo and
(M)ouse

For my setup between 4 computers I have one PS2 keyboard, one usb mouse
with ps2 adapter... and one monitor with SVGA

they all plu into a BOX... then when I double tap SCROLL LOCK followed
by numbers 1 through 4 I can switch between computers.  For $20 I use a
generic brand that came with all the necessary cables and powers off os
ps2 ports. there is also a mnaul botton that I can use if keyboard freezes.

Linux gets a little fritzy sometimes when I do a lot of switching and
moving around. the fix is a simple re-plug of keyboard usualy or mouse
if its realy bad.

This is a good setup if you are experimenting with several boxes or
fixing computers or just a geek.

if you are networking there is a network version you can use put out by
the people at realVNC.

Does that answer your question.