Re: Mail senders' address extraction

Tim wrote:
On Tue, 2006-12-26 at 14:00 -0600, Robert wrote:
The SPAM situation has gotten to the point that I'm gonna start doing
permissive filtering -- mail from anyone not specifically allowed gets
auto-dumped. The idea is to get a list of everyone who has mailed me
in 2006 and decide who of those on that list I'd like to hear from in
2007 and beyond.

Reminds me of those people I know that tell me, "I have a telephone, but
I never answer it," though they expect anyone that they call to answer
theirs.

It's a seriously flawed approach.  How does someone new contact you?  Or
someone who's had to change addresses.  They can't, they can't even
arrange to contact you.

Surely, Tim, you must realize that your 2nd paragraph describes EXACTLY what I want. Think "--state ESTABLISHED" and you can get a really clear picture of what I'll have in place when the ball falls at Times Square.

I had hoped someone might have done a nifty little script for examining existing mail but by adding another grep, a sed here, a tr there and some options for sort, my original one-liner does all I need.

Cheers