Re: Installing unsigned packages with yum

On Sat, 2006-12-30 at 16:48 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I have downloaded printer drivers from the manufacturer's site and set
> out to do a yum localinstall.  It aborts because the package is
> unsigned.  I can't see any way, from the man pages, to tell it to
> ignore the signature or lack of it.  Can it be done, or must I use
> rpm?

You could reconfigure YUM not to do a GPG check (see the yum.conf man
file), though I'm loathe to suggest it.  You could make an additional
configuration file that doesn't check GPG, and specify your special
configuration file when you do a local install (see the yum man file
about specifying the configuration file to use).  A half measure *might*
be to disable GPG checking in the yum.conf file, but enable it in the
individual repo configuration files.

If you've manually downloaded it, and the one package can be installed
without any worries about sorting out dependencies, you might as well
use rpm.  Using the yum command isn't gaining you anything.

I read messages from the public lists.