Installation issue

Hey,

Background :
Dual boot machine --
XP already installed.
Used FC6 installers (ordered for the intallers from one of the site which has been listed under one of the official urls for linux distributors.)
Ran the installers -- and did a minimal install of FC6.

Since then I have been trying to install other packages from the CD's and it seems there is some network dependency. I have tried running the 'Add/Remove Software' and the 'Software Updater' from the Applications menu.
I have also used yum (localinstall) pointing the the location of installation. And finally i ran good old rpm -i *.rpm .
After doing all this I have got errors which generally point to dependency of other .rpms.

My question is , does the default installer have dependencies on rpms which are sitting on internet servers ?
If yes, guess thats the end of discussion (and I am dissappointed with the way the installation process was designed.)

But if No, then what am I doing wrong ?

Looking forward to a reply.

Thanks,
Hemant