Re: FC4 and FC6 + ethernet printer

Quoting Anne Wilson <cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Most of my printing is done over the lan to an FC4 box.  Recently, though, a
multi-function device has been added as an ethernet device.  In theory I
should be able to access it, but I haven't figured out how.  Any hints?

Anne

It depends on what the printer supports. You may have to configure it the same as a printer attached to a Windows machine, or you may need to configure it as a remote lpd sytem print queue. It may also suport IPS print services. It may also be a JetDirect compatable device. The first thing to do is check the printer documentation and see what it supports. You can then configure CUPS to use one of the methods. The printer should look like a remote print server of one kind or another to other systems on the network.

Mikkel