Re: sdc suddently sdd?

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 09:59:34 -0700
Phil Meyer <pmeyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> make sure you have usbutils installed -- it is not by default.

Actually, that's another thing I've wondered about. This disk (a 500GB
Maxtor OneTouch usb2 drive) has never shown up in the lsusb output.
Things like little thumb drives show up when I plug them in, but the
maxtor seems to look far more like a fixed disk than anything else
(it shows up in /proc/scsi for instance, but not /proc/usb-storage).

Anyway, it has stayed /dev/sdc since I rebooted. Don't know what the
one time jump to /dev/sdd was about.