Re: Blocking Spam

jdow wrote:

Wull, my take on amavisd is that is its own punishment. Configuring it
to something akin to the way I have procmail working is a royal pain
in the <sitapon part.> I see way more problems on the SA list with
amavisd, mailscanner, or things like that than I do with procmail. But
then everybody seems to be scared off from procmail. Maybe that's why.

(And introducing sendmail into the feed path can drive people insane.)

The sane way to glue all the mail scanning steps you want together
so they run in real time during the smtp conversation is with
Mimedefang: http://www.mimedefang.org/.
It runs as a sendmail milter and lets you control your choice of
operations with clam, spamassassin, etc. with a small snippet of
perl.  And it has a fairly active mail list for help.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx