Re: Honey I blew up the USB ports

Les wrote:

> The ones I have seen use what looks like surface mount zero ohm resistor
> (like a small square of ceramic surface mounted to the board.), but
> marked as "F1" or Fuse or in one case Fuze. I have only seen this about
> 5 times total, though, so do not know if this has gone away in newer
> hardware.
>
> Unfortunately I never checked the PCB identity, so I have no idea of
> which manufacturer(s) these may have been.

Of course, all of this is moot.  His USB ports are fried.

It matters not that it could/should/won't have died due to static or if
there are fuses or not....or if it was just a coincidence that he happened
to notice they died when he plugged in his USB disk that he hadn't used in
the past n-days.  Or how one spells fuse/fuze...how long ago did we go down
that road?

The OP is going to go out and buy a PCI USB card....or maybe take the
opportunity to get a new MB and use it as an excuse to get an early holiday
gift.