Re: FC6 VPN

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 17:14:38 +0000
"Jim Douglas" <jdz99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1- The most secure way to open port 22 with iptables.
> 2 - The most secure config options in using SSH w/ FreeNX

I use freenx and am astonished at the performance. Particularly
on things like scrolling windows, I don't see how they make it
work as well as it does without some kind of timewarp technology
to defeat the latency :-).

I have occasionally setup my home system (which mostly has
no open ports) to let me get to it from work, and for added
security (possibly of the imaginary kind), I have setup my
sshd at home to only accept connections from the IP of my
system at work (I forget how to say that, but I think it
is in the sshd_config man page).

I think someone else already mentioned making sure to disallow
"simple" ssh authorization (like just password), but use some
of the public key techniques.