Re: OS Future now that Fedora Legacy defunct

Les wrote:

   I read the blog, and it said that Fedora Core was going to merge with
Fedora Extras (which is the way the DVD is packaged now anyway) and
become just Fedora.  In other words, the apparent plan is to put to
gether the OS, and a suite of tools to make the users computer useful.
I think this will make Fedora more attractive, especially if they get
the stuff all bound together so that all the chasing down of plugins,
dependencies and packages can be done prior to the new package being
shipped.  Also this should permit tighter control over the entire suite
of system and tools, enabling a distribution that will be more or less
autonomous and correctly configured at the outset.

Won't this just force the replacement of fedora extras with some
other place that is not so tightly controlled?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx