Re: Error message: "Totem could not play mms"

> On Wednesday 20 December 2006 18:55, Reg Clemens wrote:
> > I have asked this question before, with no response,
> >
> > When trying to play video clips from www.cnn.com, I get the
> > error message
> >
> >      Totem could not play mms
> >
> > are there codecs somewhere to upgrade Totem?
>
> Someone recently pointed me to gst-fluendo-mp3-ipp - you'll have to google for
> it, as I can't remember the url.  This is a proprietary package, which you
> buy at a cost of £0.00.  I installed it, and found that totem could play many
> formats that it had not recognised before.  I don't have a huge range to
> test, but I believe that it is fairly powerful in this respect.  Certainly it
> turned totem from useless to useful, in my eyes.

Humm.
I found you reference, and loaded the library, but I still get the above
message,
the message further down in the box says

    No URI handler implemented for "mms".

Is this the problem you were trying to solve?
To me this looks more like a video codec that is missing rather than an mp3
problem

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg@xxxxxxx