Re: Error message: "Totem could not play mms"

On Wednesday 20 December 2006 18:55, Reg Clemens wrote:
> I have asked this question before, with no response,
>
> When trying to play video clips from www.cnn.com, I get the
> error message
>
>      Totem could not play mms
>
> are there codecs somewhere to upgrade Totem?

Someone recently pointed me to gst-fluendo-mp3-ipp - you'll have to google for
it, as I can't remember the url.  This is a proprietary package, which you
buy at a cost of £0.00.  I installed it, and found that totem could play many
formats that it had not recognised before.  I don't have a huge range to
test, but I believe that it is fairly powerful in this respect.  Certainly it
turned totem from useless to useful, in my eyes.

Anne