Re: storing root password rpm spec file

El Miércoles, 20 de Diciembre de 2006 18:14, Bruno Wolff III escribió:

> That seems unlikely. You may need to run as a privileged user for the
> database, but it shouldn't be root.

Yeah, could be nice to ask for a user too, I mean, user/password.
It's the same basically, ask for information and the include it on the mysql
command

> Are you also installing the database in this package or is that going to
> be a prerequisite? What database(s) are you using?

No, I'm not installing the database. That .sql just creates some tables on the
existing SQL (Mysql)

> Postgres, for example, provides other methods of authentication that don't
> require entering a password. If you were installing a custom version of
> Postgres you could set up pg_hba.conf so that a system user could connect
> as a privileged postgres user using say, ident authentication.

Nope, the rpm package is for systems with mysql.

--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.

be used for urgent or sensitive issues.