Re: Webcam with FC6

On Monday 18 December 2006 17:48, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 18/12/06, Keith Powell <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Sorry for the delay in sending this. My ISP went faulty yet again and
> > there were no e-mails between last Saturday evening and this (Monday)
> > mid-day.
> >
> > I have postponed trying to get the web cam to work, until after
> > Christmas - too busy before.
> >
> > I have printed out all the suggestions, so will have a good go at
> > solving the problem when things are "back to normal" and there are
> > just my wife and I here on our own.
> >
> > Cheers.
> >
> > Keith
>
> Keith, have you contacted Logitech about the problem? If people don't
> stand up and say "I want linux support" then nobody is going to
> provide support for linux.
> Here is their US phone number: 702-269-3457
> And here is the page with their contact form:
> http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/logitech_en_amr.cfg/php/enduser
>/ask.php

Logitech webcams are generally well supported under linux, I think.  Someone
sent me the link http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Webcam-HOWTO/hardware.html#MODELS
and ISTR that a number of Logitech models are listed as good.  I'd certainly
consider going to Logitech for help when everything else has been tried.

Anne