Re: t-bird fonts

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Monday 18 December 2006 11:39, Dotan Cohen wrote:
On 11/12/06, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greetings;

Currently using the latest tbird for FC5, generally it works but with
one big gotcha.

I have miss-read the subject line on several occasions because the
font use to display the Subject: line can best be described as the
bold, blocky version of butt-ugly.ttf.  To me, its less readable than
almost any variation of the 5x7 font that used to be std on pin
pounder printers 20 years ago.

Can someone please tell me where to effect a change in this particular
font?  Please?
Gene, I don't have TB installed right now, but I remember from when I
did use it that in Edit->Preferences-> ??? You can change the fonts
for all the individual place (message pane, folders pane, etc...). It
does _not_ use the default font for the system.

Also, from experience, if you want a font that looks good at small
(6-8px) sizes then use Microsoft's Tahoma. It's great for email
clients.

I've tried, but nothing seems to effect that ugly, super bold, almost unreadable font it uses for the subject line. All the rest I've been able to change to suit.

Thanks Dotan

Seems you have to change the Thunderbird chrome CSS

To change the subject line font to normal from bold,
see this page:

http://www.ts-cyberia.net/thunderbird.html#userchrome

It shows that this CSS code:

/* Change the font weight of the value of the subject line in a message header from bold to normal */
.subjectvalue {
font-weight: normal !important;
}

will do it if you add it to your Thunderbird profile's
userChrome.css file.

--Kenny