Re: rpmbuild and whitespace in path names

Felix Schwarz writes:

Hi,

can anyone help me building rpms when the _topdir path name contains whitespace?

The short answer: don't do it.

Too many things are going to break.

It's just not worth it trying to get it to work.

Any hints how to resolve that issue? If not, does anyone know the bug report number in bugzilla (I didn't find one)?

You must've missed the memo. rpm is not being actively developed, and is in danger of stagnation.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2006-December/msg00003.html