Re: rpmbuild and whitespace in path names

At 11:21 AM -0500 12/18/06, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

>Felix Schwarz writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>can anyone help me building rpms when the _topdir path name contains
>>whitespace?
>
>The short answer: don't do it.
>
>Too many things are going to break.
>
>It's just not worth it trying to get it to work.
>
>>Any hints how to resolve that issue? If not, does anyone know the bug
>>report number in bugzilla (I didn't find one)?
>
>You must've missed the memo.  rpm is not being actively developed, and is in
>danger of stagnation.
>
>https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2006-December/msg00003.html

RPM is being actively developed.  Fedora and Redhat are a bit behind in
following it's development, and also think the various branches should be
merged and that the code base needs engineering effort to clean up, so they
are refilling the RPM engineering slot.  It appears that they have not
coordinated well with the current (their former) RPM developer, Jeff
Johnson, and he has stated that what they're doing won't affect what he's
doing.  Jeff can be found at the rpm-list
<https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/rpm-list> and rpm-devel-list.

The rpm-list would be a good place to ask the question about whitespace in
pathnames.  (Patches are accepted. ;)
TonyN.:'    The Great Writ     <mailto:tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      '      is no more.             <http://www.georgeanelson.com/>