Re: mount LVM?

Quoting Matthew Saltzman <mjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Sun, 17 Dec 2006, Dave Stevens wrote:
>
> > Quoting Markku Kolkka <markkuk@xxxxxxxxx>:
> >
> >> Dave Stevens kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika maanantai 18
> >> joulukuu 2006 00:19):

> >> Why do you think that the partition is a LVM physical volume?
> >> Type 83 is a regular Linux partition, a LVM volume should have
> >> type 8e.
> >
> > and it does, I misread the output but have now reread it. It is 8e as you
> say.
> >
> > Try following the advise in the error message and
> >> specify the filesystem type (ext3 by default).
> >
> > did so with this output:
> >
> >[....]
> >
> > I have started the LVM manager and there is a screenshot of what it finds
> at:
> >
> > hp.bccna.bc.ca/~aa056/ScreenshotofLVM.png
> >
> > I only want to get the data off hda3 and I will then retire the drive.
> >
> > Thanks for the reference to the tutorial, I'll read up on it.
>
> What's the result of "ls -l /dev/mapper/* ?

[root@localhost ~]# ls -l /dev/mapper/*
crw------- 1 root root  10, 63 Dec 17 09:37 /dev/mapper/control
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 253,  0 Dec 17 17:38 /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 253,  2 Dec 17 09:37 /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol01
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 253,  1 Dec 17 17:38 /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol02
[root@localhost ~]#

there....

dave

--
In the world?s anti-Bush zones it is fashionable to regard him as an imperialist
redneck of limited intellectual capacities. -- George Ross in Le Monde Diplomatique