Re: Javascript fails

On Friday 15 December 2006 11:56, Scott van Looy wrote:
> Today Gene Heskett did spake thusly:
> > On Friday 15 December 2006 11:28, Scott van Looy wrote:
> >> Today Gene Heskett did spake thusly:

> >> Java is nothing whatsoever to do with Javascript
> >
> > Ohhkaaay.  This is already installed:
> > [root@coyote ~]# rpm -q js
> > js-1.5-6.fc6
> >
> > Is this not the correct javascript package?  I'd have to assume till
> > someone tells me different, that when I hover the mouse over a link and
> > the link bar at the bottom of the FF screen says 'javascript', without
> > the quotes of course.
>
> Firefox's javascript is part of the firefox package - provide us with a
> link to whatever it is you're trying to view that's not working?

Scott:
OK -- here's one that I visit when the weather gets unsettled:
http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=RAX&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

It doesn't work -- at least for me -- with the Firefox package; all I get is a
popup directing me to the Sun site. I'm in the process of tweaking a new
install of FC6 x86-64, and being able to access the above page is on my to-do
list.

--- cmg