Re: FC6 dual-head malfunctioning (probing wrong monitor)

Around about 14/12/06 00:12, Tim typed ...
What about:  system-config-display --reconfig

Would that be any diff. to deleting the xorg.conf & running system-config-display, which didn't work? I also tried 'X -configure' which similarly didn't work.

Also thinking out loud, I wonder if making the xorg.conf directory and
files read-only is an idea, once you get something that works.

I always keep a backup of my current working xorg.conf; this malfunctioning one wasn't changed by the upgrade from when it worked under FC5 :-/

I'll put up with keeping the monitor unplugged at power-up for now; guess I'll have to get the Xorg source and have a rummage :-/

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature