Re: Beagle and pdftotext

On Thu, December 14, 2006 10:09, Fernando Apesteguía wrote:
> Hello people,
>

> Can anyone tell me how to disable beagle indexing?
>

> In addition, sometimes my CPU goes up to 100% of usage and top shows
> that pdftotext is running... is this related to beagle? Why pdftotext?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Beagle runs as a cron job - /etc/cron.daily/beagle-crawl-system is run daily, so can be modified
and controlled like any other cron job, for example moving beagle-crawl-system into
/etc/cron.weekly.

To prevent a directory (and all of its subdirectories) from being indexed, create an empty file
named .noindex and place it in the directory. Add a list of files and directories to the .noindex
file to prevent those files and directories from being indexed. Wild cards are permitted in the
.noindex file.

You can also put a .neverindex file in your home directory with a list of files that should never
be indexed

Kind regards

Manuel.