Re: cpu overheating

Arthur Pemberton:
>> He as also, supposedly unsuscribed from the list.

Mike McCarty:
> I thought that was weird.
>
> He was getting what I thought was some good suggestions.

Same here.  Doctor shopping, perhaps?  (Didn't like the answers, wanted
something else.)  I could almost have protested a "Linux burns up PCs
troll", but it didn't have enough hallmarks for that.

As someone else, I forgotten who, said - the last thing that you did
with something before it broke, isn't bound to be the thing that broke
it.  My background is in engineering AND servicing.  I've seen weird
faults, and spontaneous failures.  I'm usually quite good at diagnosing
things that were not causes of failures, because it's just not sensible
that they were.  The original poster's assertion about the cause just
doesn't make sense.

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.