Re: cpu overheating

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On 12/13/06, Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On 12/13/06, Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> I don't think your approach is idiotic, just seeminly unnecessary in
> this case, but again, feel free to suggest how I can get the data you
> require.

We already have it. Sorry for the fuss.

Apologoy accepted upon receipt of my symbolic Heineken in the mail.

> You may also be interested to know that in another thread some dude
> has claimed that FC6 destroyed his LCDs ability to report its
> capabilty to accept digital input...somehow that seemed more relevant
> when I began typing.

I've seen that thread. I find it difficult to believe that FC6
acutally did any damage. Monitors since the EGA came out have
been protected against that. Furthermore, it's the flyback
which is prone to death. He seems to have an interface problem,
or so he claims.

Mike

He as also, supposedly unsuscribed from the list.

I think it was on the monitor with the DVI problem where the marbles were picked up in midplay. It could be this thread too! I deleted quite a bit of the postings.

If I read correctly, the OP for this thread is a regular here and has posted before. He just has a problem with overheating or Linux programs being overly stringent or getting the wrong information from the system. It could be a physical limitation on the system.

Jim

--
Yo-yo operating system = WinNT: it goes up..., it goes down..., it goes...

   -- From a Slashdot.org post