Re: print interface for evolution

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:36:22 +0100, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 23:12 +0100, roland wrote:
On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 23:43:04 +0100, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>> When a message  is to be printed in evolution, it calls an interface
>> with
>> an entry like settings - configure:
>> After a click on the configure a submenu is displayed with a box duplex,
>> which is always selected. This gives me problems with some printers.
>> when
>> deselected, the select comes back after loging off en loging back in.
>>
>> Is there a way to definitely unselect this box or to connect another
>> print-interface?
>>
>> Thanks
>> --
>> Roland Brouwers
>> C.A.T. bvba
>>
> That is strange. When I print in evolution it gives me a choice between:
> 1. Create a PDF document
> 2. Genetic Postscript printer (default)
> 3. my default printer set by cups or lpoptions.
> Both option 2 and 3 print to my default printer.

If you go more down then you will see this
settings - Default - Configure
Clicking on Configure will lead you to the little window with this
'duplex' option.
You are right but in doing that I learned something. When I printed
before option 2. above was the default option. However, highlighting
option 3 and clicking default changed that. I also noticed that the
option checked is dependent on the printer you choose to print to. So in
my case the Generic Postscript corresponded to Duplex being checked and
my default printer had neither duplex not tumble checked. Again this
could be changed and would remain for the printer it was identified
with.
From this I assume that you need a choice in the display to correspond
to the kind of printer(s) you are using.

Could you explain this in another way. I don't understand. I am never able to change the default option.
roland

--
Roland Brouwers
C.A.T. bvba