Re: cpu overheating

Mike McCarty wrote:
Gordon Messmer wrote:

Mike McCarty wrote:

It is a well-known fact that faulty software can overheat CPUs.

No, it isn't. It is, however, a well-known fact that CPUs generate more heat when they're executing instructions than they do when they're idle. If the CPU overheats when it's busy, then the cooling system has failed

What? You didn't actually read what I wrote, or you wouldn't write this.

Sorry, that was uncalled for. The explanation is correct, but the
tone is to strong. I apologize.

[snip]

Please engage your reading ability before responding next
time. You might actually respond to what was written.

And this was snippy. Sorry.

I stand by the rest of the message. We should not ignore hints
that the software has defects in it, even if "the hardware shouldn't
do that".

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.