Re: cpu overheating

On 12/12/06, Mike Chalmers <mikechalmers70@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12/11/06, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 12/12/06, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 13:05 -0500, Mike Chalmers wrote:
> > > When I ran "yum update", when it started to install the updates it
> > > said something like cpu 0 overheating cpu 1 overheating. Then my
> > > screen went black for a second and the next thing I new is I was at
> > > the login screen.
> >
> > I've noticed that yum seems terribly CPU intensive.  Much more than
> > other things which I expect to be doing even more work than the
> > databasing that yum does (working out package dependencies).
>
> It also does a lot of text processing, ie. XML parsing.
>

> > Of course, it'd help if Linux wasn't so dependency mad.
>
> Best solution I've seen yet.
>
> > I've seem some
> > damn peculiar ones (like KDE being dependent on having htdig installed).
>
> The htdig does have system files (libraries)
>
> > I can understand applications been dependent on standard system files,
> > but it shouldn't go the other way around.
>
> --
> Fedora Core 6 and proud
>
> --

My cpu just overheated again while I was using Linux. This time I was
browsing the web. I am back into Windows to post this. It does not
over heat in Windows. I

I'm somewhat curious as to how you know this. I'm not certain that
there are such warning systems built in...of course I haven't used
Windows heavily in ages so I really don't know what's going on these
days.

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud