Re: cpu overheating

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 20:15 -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:
> It is a well-known fact that faulty software can overheat CPUs.

I was thinking about something like this the other day.  I'm just
finishing off putting a PC together for a friend, and have been using it
to stress test it.  What I'd like is an automated stress testing tool,
not one that tries to break it, but tests that things that should be
do-able, are, without having to manually check the serial ports,
parallel ports, video ports, that the CPU can do all its math and get
the answers right, etc.  There's memtest86+ (though I've heard some
detractors say it can give false results), but I haven't heard of
anything to test other parts of the system.

I read messages from the public lists.