Re: opera

On Sun, 2006-12-10 at 21:41 +0100, roland wrote:
> I have a partition winXP and linux. Because Linux was installed second,
> grub was installed. So when the pc restarts itself it will start grub. If
> winXP is active and restarts itself it will give the job back to grub, are
> should I say the pc reloads grub. Because the default start in Grub is
> Linux and there is no input, grub will start Linux, unless you choose from
> the grub menu another operating system, p.e. WinXP.

There is an option in grub that allows whatever menu choice you pick to
be remembered as the one to use as default for the next time.  So,
restarts do actually restart the same OS.  You only have to make a
choice when you want to change to another OS.

If that sort of thing suits you, always starting the same OS as the last
time, by default.  You might want to try it.

Read the grub info file for details, but basically:  You change the
"default 1" (or other number) line to read "default saved", instead.
And, then in each title section, you put a "savedefault" line in.