Re: New FC6 install wont accept password -

David-Paul Niner wrote:
At the grub menu press 'e' to edit the kernel line argument and enter
the letter 'S' at the very end.  Press ESC and the letter 'B' to reboot
with the new command line arguments and you'll be dropped to a shell
where you can use the passwd command to change root's password.

Good Luck,
DP