New FC6 install wont accept password -

I spent the last couple of hours installing FC6 on an old computer with only 192 megs of ram. I restarted the install 4 or 5 times and it finally ran to the end but now it doesn't like the root password for whatever reason? It is very unlikely that I typed it incorrectly twice as required.

Anyway there must be a way around the problem.  I have a rescue disk.

Can someone advise as to the process for fixing this?

Bob Goodwin