Re: Problems with ipw2200 wireless in FC6

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 16:17 -0300, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> Hi, people
>
> I have a centrino notebook with intel ipw2200 wireless card. Almost every time I cold-boot this computer, the card is shown as __tmp1804289383 or something like that instead of eth1. It is not in an usable state when this happens. If I just reboot, the card is then correctly shown as eth1 and works ok.

>  Restarting the network and/or NetworkManager services do not correct the problem. So, I always have to boot and then reboot to get the wireless card working. This did not happen in FC5.

First I assume you installed the  ipw2200-firmware rpm. You are not
trying to run network and NetworkManager at the same time. That produced
bad karma. I would suggest you stop network and just run NetworkManager
and NetworkDispatcher in the /etc/init.d directory.

Then configure your wireless using the nm-applet which should start up
automatically at boot. An icon will appear in the right side of the
upper panel. Right click on it to choose your access point and configure
it. You should unconfigure your wireless setup if you used s-c-n or
iwconfig to configure it.

It's OKAY -- I'm an INTELLECTUAL, too.