Re: Totem=noshow

On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 23:48:55 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote

<http://yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialMimeTypesAndApplications.html>

> [...]
> application/x-shockwave-flash 	Shockwave Flash 	swf 	Yes
> application/futuresplash 	FutureSplash Player 	spl 	Yes
> Google VLC multimedia plugin 1.0
>
>     File name: mplayerplug-in-gmp.so
>     mplayerplug-in 3.11
>
>     Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media
> Player streams using MPlayer    JavaScript Enabled and Using GTK2 Widgets
>
> MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
> application/x-google-vlc-plugin 	Google Video
>
> Are any of the above known to be laced with hemlock tea?
>
> Now I notice that quite a few of those are javascript and GTK2
> Widgets gizmos. I have these installed: compat-wxGTK-common-2.4.2-21.fc6
> wxGTK-2.6.3-2.6.3.2.3.fc6
> wxGTK-gl-2.6.3-2.6.3.2.3.fc6
> compat-wxGTK-2.4.2-21.fc6
>
> Do I need anything else?
>
> A grep for java in the rpm -qa output shows about 2 screensfull
> of assorted java stuff, the most enlightening of which is that
> the java installed is what, 3 years old?  1.4.2? Good grief.
> I also note that java isn't listed above.
>
> On inspecting the various java directories in /usr/lib, they are all
> empty! [root@coyote lib]# pwd /usr/lib [root@coyote lib]# ls -la
> java* java: total 144 drwxr-xr-x   2 root root   4096 Sep  1 16:03 .
> drwxr-xr-x 160 root root 131072 Dec  3 23:22 ..
>
> java-1.3.1:
> total 144
> drwxr-xr-x   2 root root   4096 Sep  1 16:03 .
> drwxr-xr-x 160 root root 131072 Dec  3 23:22 ..
>
> java-1.4.0:
> total 144
> drwxr-xr-x   2 root root   4096 Sep  1 16:03 .
> drwxr-xr-x 160 root root 131072 Dec  3 23:22 ..
>
> java-1.4.1:
> total 144
> drwxr-xr-x   2 root root   4096 Sep  1 16:03 .
> drwxr-xr-x 160 root root 131072 Dec  3 23:22 ..
>
> java-1.4.2:
> total 144
> drwxr-xr-x   2 root root   4096 Sep  1 16:03 .
> drwxr-xr-x 160 root root 131072 Dec  3 23:22 ..
>
> java-1.5.0:
> total 144
> drwxr-xr-x   2 root root   4096 Sep  1 16:03 .
> drwxr-xr-x 160 root root 131072 Dec  3 23:22 ..
>
> java-ext:
> total 144
> drwxr-xr-x   2 root root   4096 Sep  1 16:03 .
>
> Why so many versions, and why are they all empty?
>
> And, better yet, whats the procedure to fix it?
> I have a copy of the jre-1.5.0.6 archive on the other drive
> I could probably install, but I hear its done differently
> these days.
>
> Your turn & many thanks, Les.
>
> >--
> >  Les Mikesell
> >   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx
>
> --
> Cheers, Gene
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> Yahoo.com and AOL/TW attorneys please note, additions to the above
> message by Gene Heskett are:
> Copyright 2006 by Maurice Eugene Heskett, all rights reserved.

Have you tried removing Mozplugger and trying the browser again without it.. I
found that having both mplayerplug-in and mozplugger at the same time causes
problems. So I removed mozplugger, and it works fine for me now.. It's worth a
shot.. :-)

Wolf