Re: Display settings..

On Saturday 02 December 2006 09:27, Ted Gervais wrote:
> I have core6 installed and running and am trying to personalize
> various things and that brings me to my desktop view settings.
> Right now, by default - things come up at 1600x1200.  Which makes
> everything very tiny.  I want to change that so I can read things

Others have shown how to permanently change the screen resolution, but
have you considered just changing the font sizes used?  The extra
resolution creates more real estate on the desktop.  This is usually
desired.

    Control Center -> Appearance & Themes -> Fonts

Experiment a bit to find the right size for everything.

(I think the Bitstream Vera Sans fonts are the most readable.)

If you use any GNOME applications, you probably want to adjust the
defaults for them, too.  This will only be honored, if you run the
gnome-settings-daemon in your KDE session.

    Konqueror -> Go -> Autostart

and add /usr/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon .

Another adjustment you may want to make is resizing the KDE panel(s).
The icons will resize to fit your preference:

    Control Center -> Desktop -> Panels

--
Garry T. Williams --- +1 678 656-4579