re: Fedora Video Card Problem

Well you are correct, im fairly new to linux.
1. To answer your first question i did infact accept many of the defaults. I only had the burned disc 1 and 2 and im not sure if thats of any help? But i was able to install with the two by using the standards, but getting rid of editors, and Joystick under gnome games. (i dont really know if you have to get rid of joystick or not).
2. I set up about a 20 gig partition for FC and 1028 megs of swap for my 1024 mes of Ram.
3. It dual boots into windows Xp just fine, The graphics card works under xp just as it's supposed to.
4. Ido get the text boot screen.
5. It seems as though it is trying to start the Xserver, but the monitor then goes into sleep mode, and as an added bonus says frequency out of range.
6. However it does not complete the boot cycle, or even get into the x server. Its an analog 1600 by 1200 monitor.

I did infact try what Robin suggested, but after the install fedora asks you to set up firewalls, and account names, etc. Well needless to say that didnt work. I am able to use a different pc to view this while viewing the problem. As for bringin the monitor back to life, it did nothing and proceeded to sit there and face an onslaught of my choice vulgarities.( this is about the fourth time ive tried to install.) I am also able to take the X1600 out, and use the onboard graphics to install, which it does boot correctly and im able to get into fedora and play around. But having purchased a pricey gfx card, and dual booting with windows, i dont want to swap the card in and out every time i switch OS's.

Sorry that was a bit long, but i appreciate the help immensely.
-Matt