Re: SUG: Automatic RPM database verification and repair

Tony Nelson wrote:
At 9:22 PM -0500 11/30/06, Jim Cornette wrote:
something is not as it should be with either rpm, yum or the
rpmdb where information is not consistent from yum or rpm.

This is being vigorously discussed by the developers in a couple of places,
and will probably be tracked down soon.

I'm glad that they are working hard to get this issue resolved.

Package attempted to install are below, They never got to the cleanup
phase and bombed out in midstream somewhere.

It's probably not the fault of the specific packages.  I see there were
quite a few of them to clean up.

If anything stood out with the hangs, it seemed to be with packages which had elaborate %post scripts to perform and the problem seemed to happen when the installer program started to install the next rpm in the transaction. I'm probably imagining this as a condition by observation but it seems to be the case in at least two of the most recent transaction failures for FC6.

Jim

--
Work without a vision is slavery, Vision without work is a pipe dream,
But vision with work is the hope of the world.