Re: FC6: how to disable puplet

Todd Zullinger <tmz <at> pobox.com> writes:

> It is.  I don't know about XCFE, but to disable it in Gnome, open the
> Sessions preferences via System -> Preferences -> More Preferences.
>
> Then on the Startup Programs tab select /usr/bin/puplet and click
> Disable.

Oops, I forgot to mention I tried way back when using GNOME.
Doing this action creates a ``puplet.desktop`` file in
my $(HOME)/.config/autostart directory with the line:

X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=false

I even pasted that line into the /etc/xdg/autostart/puplet.desktop
file.  But still it starts.

And XFCE feeds off the same .desktop files.  I think I'll create a new
account and try it.  My home may be stale from the FC4 upgrade.

Thanks for the response!

Dave