FC6: how to disable puplet

Greetings -

I just upgraded to FC6 (from FC4).  It's really nice!

But, because I work on custom packages - kernels, python, etc. -
I'm very careful with yum updates, always doing them infrequently
and by hand. To this end, I disabled starting yum-updatesd, which
causes puplet to hang (actually a slow poll waiting for
yum-updatesd to start).

I want to disable puplet also but I cannot figure out how to do
this under both GNOME and XFCE.  I removed all copies of
``puplet.desktop`` from my system and looked in all the startup
scripts for references but still it is (seemingly) magically started
by (I guess) the window manager.

Currently, I using the distributed Xorg, GDM releases with XFCE4.
It is not started until I log in and my selected window manager is
started, but I can't figure out how puplet is invoked.

This is not a big deal, but it sure is bugging me to
see "/usr/bin/python -tt /usr/bin/puplet" hanging out
in the process list doing nothing, before I kill it.

Dave