Re: Font paths

On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 14:24 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 30 November 2006 13:59, Wolfgang wrote:

> > > I tried this method, Francois, and the new fonts were available to kword.
> > > However, they are not available to openoffice.  I don't know why it
> > > should be so, but perhaps that's why they advocate their particular
> > > method.
> > >
> > > Anne
> > > --
> >
> > If your using the KDE desktop, you can add the fonts using the control
> > centre (Center) in admin mode, and then they will be available globally
> > in any application. That's what I use..
> >
> It's all very puzzling, Wolf.  I've done that, adding three fonts
>
> adgo.ttf (Amhurst SF)
> aure.ttf (Stone Temple SF) and
> chev.ttf (Morris SF)
>
> None of them show up in OpenOffice.
>
> Anne

Hm, I did another test, by adding another font. I found out two
problems.

1. In administrator mode, has a bug in it as it won't actually install
the font. (As it works if in user mode, but it's only available to that
user?!)

2. There's no ttf directory in the /usr/share/fonts directory.

BUT, when I copied the font into the /usr/share/fonts/ttf directory
manually, the font appeared in the global list and I was able to use it
in Open-Office.

I installed a font called stretch_thin.ttf, and yet OO shows it as just
'Stretch', I wish they get the naming in sync.. But it seems to work..

Wolf