Re: Font paths

On Thursday 30 November 2006 14:35, Craig White wrote:
> I'm somewhat interested in this thread.
>
> Not that this solves the problem in any fashion other than for a single
> user, but you can always add fonts as a user via 'spadmin'
>
> on FC-5, this is located at
> /usr/lib/openoffice.org2.0/program/spadmin

If all else fails, I'll do that.  Much confusion is added by the fact that
there are several places that look possible candidates for placing fonts.
chkfontpath returned /usr/share/X11/fonts, so that is where I created my new
folder.  Then there's /usr/share/fonts.  Of course there's also the personal
~/,fonts.  Why so many places?  I can see the personal vs global argument,
but why more than one possiblity there?  What's the difference?

I'm pleased to report, though, that Wolf's suggestion was the correct answer.
Once those fonts were put under /usr/share/fonts and fc-cache re-run, they
are visible in OOWriter.

Thanks to all who tried to help.

Anne