Re: Font paths

Anne Wilson a écrit :
On Thursday 30 November 2006 13:11, François Patte wrote:

Anne Wilson a écrit :

Following the instructions in
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Font-FAQ I am trying to add
fonts to be globally available.  I have created a folder and put my new
fonts there. It then says I should create a text file
called /usr/share/X11/fonts/local.conf, with the new folder added in the
format

<dir> /usr/share/X11/fonts/NewFonts </dir>

However, when I run 'fc-cache /usr/share/X11/fonts/NewFonts' I get the
error

Fontconfig error: "local.conf", line 2: junk after document element

I don't understand why they describe such a complicated method! I just
add directories in:
/usr/share/fonts/default/

then went into these directories and perform successively:

ttmkfdir (if fonts are true type)
mkfontdir
fc-cache

then run chkfontpath --add $PWD

And that's all.

I tried this method, Francois, and the new fonts were available to kword. However, they are not available to openoffice. I don't know why it should be so, but perhaps that's why they advocate their particular method.

May be your problem is now solved, but I was out for sometimes.

I remenber that this method worked for openoffice only if I added my font directories in /usr/share/fonts/default/

Before that, I tried to build my own "local" directories, something like:

/opt/share/X11/fonts/...

and the fonts were not available to OO.

F.

--